About the Event
THAILAND FOOD & BEVERAGE TRADE MISSION
The Kitchen of the World
Hosted by FIAL, the Thailand Food and Beverage Trade Mission gives Australian companies the opportunity to meet the right distribution partner to export their products into the Indochina region. Thailand's aim to present itself as the ‘Kitchen of the World’ has bolstered their food and beverage sector. This provides Australian companies with an excellent opportunity to explore business partnerships and to supply quality food products to the market.
The continuing Thai economic growth, urbanisation and rise of the middle class has contributed to an increased demand for higher-value products. Food quality and health considerations, rather than price, are becoming key purchasing factors. Consumers are paying more attention to a healthy diet and view Australia as a reliable, reputable supplier of clean, healthy and high quality products.
Ingredient suppliers can also benefit from this programme: the Thai food and beverage manufacturing industry uses Australian ingredients, including dairy products, food additives, flavourings and cereals in their home products.
Thailand’s tourism and hospitality industry source considerable volumes of imported foods for both retail and foodservice channels. Though Bangkok’s metropolitan area remains Thailand’s largest consumer market, higher disposable incomes and increased tourism in regional Thailand is also fuelling new demand for quality imported food and beverage.
Economy and Trade Overview
- Thailand is the second largest economy in South East Asia (ASEAN)
- Australia’s 6th largest two-way trading partner
- A top 20 source of Foreign Direct Investment in Australia
- Rated 3rd in region of the 2018 World Bank's Ease of Doing Business Index
Trade Mission Highlights:
FIAL has engaged the services of Austrade and the NSW Business Chamber to provide a specially tailored Thai trade mission for Australian food and beverage companies.
Participating in the mission will allow you to:
- Gain first-hand understanding of Thailand's growing food and beverage sector and it's opportunities
- Meet with buyers from main supermarkets, department stores, and distributors in Thailand.
- Gain first-hand understanding of Thailand’s growing food & beverage sector and its opportunities
- Market your products to Thai retailers and distribution companies - leverage Austrade’s established in-market connections to connect with the right distribution partner in Thailand
- Be provided with post mission one-on-one support from the NSW Business Chamber to maximise your outcome from the trade mission
Who should attend?
We invite export-ready Australian providers of:
- Gourmet and premium products
- Beverage products
- Packaged and processed food products
- Foodservice products
- Confectionary and others
- Pre-mission brief on Thailand
- Hotel accommodation in Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- Retail market insights tour of Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- “Food Innovation and Future Trends” dinner. Opportunity to hear from a renowned Bangkok Chef on food trends in Thailand
- Business matching, product showcase and sampling event in Bangkok (opportunity to pitch directly to Thai distributors and retail buyers)
- Networking dinner with buyers of Rimpin supermarket in Chiang Mai
- One-on-one post-mission support program to help maximise your outcome
What's not included:
- Flights between Australia and Bangkok - all attendees to organise and cover their own costs
- Flights between Bangkok and Chiangmai - all attendees to organise and cover their own costs
- Some meals
Registration Deadline: Apply by 17 July 2018.