About the Event
Food & Hotel China 2019 in Shanghai!
Food & Hotel China (FHC) is the largest specialist trade show for imported foods in China.
When: Tuesday 12 - Thursday 14 November 2019
Where: Shanghai, China
Registrations close: Sunday 22nd September 2019
Food & Hotel China 2019 (FHC) is your opportunity to capitalise on China’s growing food service industry that attracts local and international buyers from resorts & hotels and chefs!
FIAL’s Taste of Australia stand will be at Food & Hotel China 2019, building on the success of last year FIAL will again provide Australian food & beverage suppliers the opportunity to present their products to international buyers.
Why should you attend FHC 2019 with FIAL?
FIAL has been successfully showcasing Australian food & beverage suppliers at international trade shows for the past five years. In doing so, we provide companies with a low-cost pathway to enter new export markets and make meaningful connections with buyers. As a direct result of participating with FIAL's Taste of Australia stand, many Australian companies have successfully negotiated and secured their first orders into China.
2019 marks the fifth year of the Australia-China Free Trade Agreement (ChFTA). With tariffs between the two countries being reduced to ZERO, it is a fantastic opportunity for the food and beverage industry. There is an increasing demand for health and premium foods that provide potential opportunities for promising Australian exporters.
You can either display your product with us or have a sampling stand under the Taste Australia banner. All companies that attend with FIAL will be included in our Australian Food Catalogue, a buyer-focused, supplier-sourcing tool which can open up further opportunities to attract buyers.
About Food Hotel China
This show is dedicated to imports, attracting a high-calibre of buyers who seek quality international food products. Australian suppliers can take advantage of Australia's global reputation for green, clean, high-quality food products, which are of high demand in China.
Last year, the trade show comprised of 120,000 sqm of event space with 3,000 companies from 69 countries. The show attracted 118,274 trade buyers which were made up of 80+ relevant retailers, importers, distributors and eCommerce platforms. For more information, please visit:Food Hotel China 2019
Join FIAL's Taste Australia Stand
1. Product Display - Cost: $450 + GST
- Product Display Shelf - 3 units of each SKU. resembling a high-end supermarket gondola
- Freight forwarding - 5kg of product samples to Shanghai 3 units of each SKU (Simply send your products to our nominated freight forwarder in Melbourne, however relevant documentation will need to be provided e.g. commercial invoice, declaration and certificate as to condition. Sample delivery date and address to be communicated after confirmation and payment)
- You will need to supply product information and key selling points in order for our consultants to take queries on your behalf
2. Trade Show Sampling Pod - Cost: $3,000+ GST
NB: Maximum of 2 people behind the sampling pod at any one time. Costs do not include travel, accommodation, meals or land arrangements.
- Product Display Shelves
- A sampling table (pod) that has a table top of approx. 60cm x 60cm to sample your products
- 2 x exhibitor passes to Food & Hotel China where you can talk to buyers, Austrade representatives and state in-market representatives in China. This will also allow you an opportunity to see products from around the world and see the latest innovations.
- Freight forwarding - 25kg of product for sampling and merchandising to Shanghai (Simply send your products to our nominated freight forwarder in Melbourne, however relevant documentation will need to be provided e.g. commercial invoice, declaration and certificate as to condition. Sample delivery date and address to be communicated after confirmation and payment)
- complimentary ticket to the Market Insights & Retail Tour and associated networking events (option 3 below)
- Post-event report, including buyer insights
3. Market Insights & Retail Tour - Monday 11 November - Cost: $250 + GST
Want to learn more about the market in China? We will be hosting a Markets Insights & Retail Tour while in Shanghai the day before the show.
- A guided market insight tour of high-end retail outlets in Shanghai including; Hema supermarket, Ole and Park n Shop, City Super, Greenland (these are subject to change). Understand and gain insight into the latest technologies such as facial recognition and virtual wallet payment options; shopper innovation in leading-edge displays and automated ready meal makers to name a few.
Get in quickly as places are limited.
FIAL Terms and Conditions:
- Participants will be asked to complete a series of questions in order to establish how export-ready the company is. If it is found that the supplier for any reason is not considered export-ready then FIAL reserves the right to reject the companies application to attend the event and a refund will be provided in full
- Places are limited. This is to ensure supplier visibility and that a level of service is maintained throughout the show.
- FIAL will only work with businesses that maintain appropriate business ethics, and demonstrate a commitment to legal obligations including anti-bribery laws, both in Australia and overseas markets.
- FIAL reserves the right to cancel its overall participation at any time and in such an instance a refund in full will be provided in this instance.
- FIAL does not guarantee a commercial result from attending a tradeshow nor does it guarantee buyer interactions it is up to the business/supplier to actively seek and nurture any and all relationships that could result in a commercial result. FIAL will provide opportunities where it will be possible to make connections.
- FIAL requires payment in full upon registration. Cancellations will be considered under exceptional circumstances, at FIAL's discretion. Cancellation fees may apply. If samples are unable to be delivered a portion of the overall fee will be refunded.
- You may be eligible to claim some of your marketing and promotion costs, associated with this exhibition, through the Export Market Development Grant scheme. For more information visitwww.austrade.gov.au or call 13 28 78.
- If you are considering participating in this tradeshow, FIAL advises that you consult ‘Smartraveller’ www.smartraveller.gov.au, the Australian Government's travel advisory service, to inform yourself about the country you are entering