About the Event
Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL) is committed to continuing to provide briefings, keeping the sector informed and supporting the industry through what is an unprecedented situation with enormous challenges.
COVID-19 has hit the industry hard at a time when Australian food exports continue to grow creating jobs and supporting the overall economy. We would like to continue the momentum as tradeshows around the world have been cancelled – buyers are still looking for products right now.
FIAL, in partnership with Shandong Provincial Department of Commerce, invites you to attend exclusive online business matching events with key buyers from the Shandong province in China, without placing your health at risk, paying for travel costs and exhibition space.
This is a unique opportunity to meet one-on-one with buyers via videoconference from major supermarket chains, retailers, distributors and importers in Shandong looking to procure Australian products.
A snapshot of Shandong
Shandong is the third largest economy in the eastern coast of China with a population of 100 million. Shandong has been listed by the World Bank among high-and middle-income economies. Retail sales have exceeded 3.3 trillion RMB yuan, ranking second in the whole country. Also, the booming eCommerce services have reached a coverage rate of 100% in Shandong.
What’s the opportunity?
Australian export-ready companies can secure a 20 minute, one-on-one online meeting with buyers from leading retailers and distributors in Shandong.
Your details will be registered and sent to the relevant buyer for review and if selected you will be notified prior to the event, as to whether or not you have been successful in securing an appointment.
Please note, it is to the buyer's discretion to choose whom they want an online one-on-one meeting with - based on your AFC company profile and range.
Date: Thursday, 23rd April 2020
Time: 11:30am AEST
Date: Friday, 8th May 2020
Time: 11:30am AEST
What kind of products are the buyers interested in?
Buyers are particularly interested in health and innovative foods, particularly in the following categories;
- Health and nutrition products.
- Confectionery — biscuits, chocolate, etc.
- Functional food, snacks
- Beverages —juice, functional drinks, vitamin drinks, sports drinks etc.
- Dairy — fresh milk, UHT, yoghurt, cheese, baby formula
- Baby food
- Grocery — jam, honey, canola oil, etc.
- Seafood - frozen
You must be an export ready company and registered on FIAL’s Australian Food Catalogue (AFC) platform. Set up your company profile here; https://www.australianfoodcatalogue.com.au
EOIs have now closed
For further information, please contact:
Rod Arenas - GM Commercial | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Li - Market Development | email@example.com
Phone: (03) 9731 3422
Terms and Conditions
1. This event is tailored towards companies in the food and agribusiness industry and meeting places will be prioritised for companies within the industry with a product.
2. Food Innovation Australia Ltd reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and representatives at any given time.
3. You may be invited from time to time, by e-mail or telephone, to take part in surveys and case-studies. These surveys and case-studies may contain information about this event or other Food Innovation Australia activities you may have participated in. We reserve the right to exclude participants who provide false or misleading answers. We reserve the copyright for all survey content.
4. Food Innovation Australia Ltd reserves the right to cancel/change the event itself and/or speakers, guests, agendas, presenters without prior notice. Full refunds will be provided for events where fees were charged. FIAL and its partners bears no responsibility for any travel costs incurred by participants associated as a result of cancellation/changes to the event.