About the Event
FIAL and City of Greater Dandenong are delivering this exciting one day workshop, tailored specifically to the food and agribusiness sector.
This workshop is designed to assist food and agribusinesses to learn the skills and processes to help them negotiate more effectively, as well as giving them the confidence to negotiate the best possible deals.
This workshop will provide insights on the general principles of negotiation. It will also give an understanding into the differences between domestic & international buyers and give guidance around what is the best approach to take depending on the type of buyer.
This program is suitable for a broad audience. The tools, techniques and learnings will help with planning the pitch, and will also be useful if trying to gain internal company support or maybe even convince the bank manager to extend some funds.
This workshop will cover:
- Booking the meeting, how do you even get one and with whom – what is your hook?
- Developing a compelling selling presentation that engages the retailer
- Understanding basic buyer metrics and KPI’s (trade math’s)
- What is your commercial proposition – why will it be interesting to the buyer?
- Overcoming objections – not being forced into concessions early in the engagement
- Foundation negotiation, so once you have a nibble, you aren’t caught off guard!
- Summary of the ‘rules of the game’ when negotiating with retailers
Post Program Support
Upon completion, delegates need to apply the skills learned as quickly as possible to ensure that they have mastered them. We will provide a follow up support service for every delegate and encourage all participants to seek guidance from trainers. Typically, we find the following areas are most requested:
- How to respond to a retailer’s requests (often unreasonable requests…)
- Review of important presentations
- Process queries – ‘how do I best do it?’
- Grocery Code or Competition Law queries
Workshop facilitated by NextGen Group who have developed and delivered dozens of negotiation programs for both local and global blue-chip manufacturers, FMCG retailers and independent supermarkets. Coles, Metcash, Unilever, Fonterra Schweppes, Kellogg to name a few.
This event is partnered with The City of Greater Dandenong.