Food Innovation Australia Ltd (FIAL) is seeking a Market Development Manager to work with the Australian food and agribusiness industry to lead the development and growth of our sector.
FIAL is seeking someone who thrives on taking on real challenges and has an entrepreneurial flair for identifying and delivering market opportunities. This person has a good working understanding of international markets and proven export sales track record. A strategic thinker who also has excellent attention to detail to ensure projects are well executed. They must be able to bring diverse stakeholders together to work on projects of common interest, even if it is not their own. They must be a self-starter and a highly resourceful team player, as is vital when working in a small team. Working experience in the food and agribusiness industry, plus an established network both in industry and government, is essential in addition to a degree in international trade or business.
The position is a full-time role, based in either Sydney or Melbourne. The candidate must be able to travel, particularly as this role has a strong international focus. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have:
- Strong business development experience across food and agribusiness products, particularly in ASEAN markets;
- A working understanding of and network links to overseas food and agribusiness markets;
- Experience in developing and applying market insights to improve access to export markets;
- Well-rounded experience in supply chain, export documentation & international freight requirements;
- A thorough understanding of the Australian food and agribusiness industry, particularly government, and an established professional network of businesses (SMEs/MNEs), and government; and
- A minimum of 7 years commercial experience, ideally working either in SMEs or MNEs.
FIAL is an industry-led, government-funded initiative to accelerate commercially driven collaboration and innovation across the Australian food and agribusiness industry. FIAL is delivering the Federal Government's Food and Agribusiness Growth Centre, that aims to drive innovation, productivity and competitiveness.
For further information on FIAL, go to www.fial.com.au.
Queries regarding the role please email email@example.com Attention to FIAL's Managing Director.
To apply for the position, please send a covering letter outlining your suitability, resume and apply through the job advert on SEEK.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 5:00pm EST, Monday 28th January 2019.