The Australian Trusted Trader programme (ATT) is a voluntary trade facilitation initiative that has been co-designed by Australian Border Force and industry (ABF). ATT is open to all Australian businesses active in the international supply chain and recognises businesses with a secure supply chain and compliant trade practices, rewarding them with a range of trade facilitation benefits.
The process to become a Trusted Trader is now simpler and quicker, with a new, streamlined application form available. The new form has been designed following industry feedback about the length of time it was taking to complete the original application. The new form will only take around six to ten hours to complete (rather than the 200 hours previously) depending on the size of your business.
Benefits of becoming an Australian Trusted Trader include:
- a dedicated Australian Border Force Account Manager
- a lighter touch on examinations at the border
- priority service when requesting advice on tariff, origin and valuation
- differentiated examinations by overseas customs agencies (where Australia has signed an MRA)
- monthly import and export reports provided free of charge
- streamlined application process for the Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457) Accredited Sponsor.
To find out how Australian Trusted Trader can benefit your business, or to apply to become part of the programme, visit www.border.gov.au/trustedtrader.