About the Event
Partnering with the NSW Government, FIAL is excited to provide NSW food and agribusiness industry an online solution for exports, via collaboration with in-market experts.
Selected NSW export ready businesses will have an opportunity to attend a one-to-one videoconference, in a private and secured virtual meeting room, with qualified buyers interested in your products. These Chinese buyers represent major supermarket chains, convenience stores, e-commerce platforms, distributors, food service, importers, and more.
THE MARKET OPPORTUNITY
China continued its impressive run of growth as an export market in 2018/19, increasing by a further $1.5 billion. This meant China accounted for 28.4 percent of Australian food and agribusiness exports. China remained the clear standout market for longer term growth, with an increase of $10.8 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.8 percent over the last 10 years.
In 2019, Australian trade to China benefited from tariff reductions under ChAFTA which saw tariffs eliminated from many Australian agricultural exports on the 1st
Consumers in tier one cities have shown a high level of demand for foreign food and beverage products, while consumer demand for foreign food and beverage products is also strong in less saturated tier two and three markets. Food and beverage products which are safe and healthy, and incorporate local taste preferences, are popular among consumers.
Buyers are particularly interested in healthy and innovative foods, in the following product categories:
- Health Supplements
- Baby Food
- Confectionery - candy, biscuits, chocolate
- Dairy - butter, cream, ice cream, fresh milk, UHT, yoghurt, cheese, milk powders
- Grocery - cereals, honey, baking/baked goods, smallgoods, edible oils, pastry
- Innovative and New-to-Market food
- Chilled and frozen meat and seafood
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages - functional drinks, health drinks.
Venue: You will receive a link to join a ZOOM video conference.
Export-ready NSW businesses can secure a 20 minute, one-to-one video meeting with buyers from leading retailers and distributors in China.
Once selected, your details will be sent to the relevant buyers for review and you will be notified as to whether you have been successful in securing an appointment.
Your business and products must be China export-ready, meeting market access and customs regulations.
Register your interest here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r...
This is a free event for NSW businesses only.
For further information, please contact:
Rob Harrison – Senior Export Advisor, NSW Treasury | Rob.Harrison@treasury.nsw.gov.au | MOB: 0401 710 600
Rod Arenas - GM Commercial | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Li - Market Development | email@example.com
Phone: (03) 9731 3422
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This event is tailored towards NSW companies in the food and agribusiness industry.
2. Food Innovation Australia Limited reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and one-to-one meeting schedule at any given time.
3. You may be invited by e-mail or telephone, to take part in surveys and case-studies. These surveys and case-studies may contain information about this event or other Food Innovation Australia Limited activities you have participated in. We reserve the right to exclude participants who provide false or misleading answers. We reserve the copyright for all survey content.
4. Food Innovation Australia Limited reserves the right to cancel or change the date of event.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH: