About the Event
FIAL’s Virtual Meet the Buyers event is heading to its third ASEAN country, colourful Vietnam.
Australian agribusiness exporters will have the opportunity to attend a one-to-one videoconference, in a private and secured virtual meeting room, with qualified buyers interested in your products. These buyers represent Vietnam’s major supermarket chains, convenience stores, e-commerce platforms, distributors, food service, importers, and more.
As the Food and Agribusiness Growth Centre, FIAL is committed to supporting the recovery and growth of industry. The Virtual Meet the Buyer initiative overcomes the hurdle of travel restrictions, facilitating vital connections between exporters and key international markets.
THE MARKET OPPORTUNITY
Vietnam is Australia’s seventh largest agricultural export market. During FY2019, it accounted for $1.7b worth of sector exports.
An expanding middle-class, high GDP growth, rising disposable income, and growing food safety makes Vietnam an increasingly important market for Australian agribusinesses. Vietnam has been a strong growth market for Australian food and beverage exports, with a compound annual growth rate of 15.3 per cent over the last ten years. Vietnamese consumers are willing to pay a premium for Australian food products, due to the reputation of Australia for being a source of high quality proucts that meet stringent safety standards. The tremendous growth of modern retail outlets and improved cold chain infrastructure is creating significant opportunities for manufacturers of a broader range of products.
Buyers are particularly interested in healthy and innovative foods, in the following product categories:
- Dairy - cheese, milk
- Meat - chilled and frozen beef, pork and chicken
- Health and Wellness
- Convenience and Ready-Made
- Innovative and New-to-Market
- Bakery - bread, cookies, and cakes
- Grocery — cereal, honey, smallgoods, edible oils, pastries
- Dried nuts
- Fresh fruit- cherries.
- Beverages - beer, non-alchoholic drinks
Date: 10th September 2020
Time: To be confirmed. If successful in securing a meeting, you will receive a link to join a ZOOM video conference.
Your business and products must be Vietnam export-ready, meeting market access and customs regulations.
You must have a completed company profile on the Australian Food Catalogue (AFC).
To express your interest in attending the event, you need to log into your AFC account, click on the EVENTS tab, and select JOIN on the Vietnam event.
Upon registration, your details will be sent to the relevant buyers for review and you will be notified as to whether you have been successful in securing an appointment.
EOIs close at 11:59pm AEST on Tuesday 18th August
There is no cost for the initial registration. If a meeting is secured for you with a buyer, there will be a $35 administration fee. Please DO NOT PAY if you have not been advised by FIAL to do so.
For further information, please contact:
Rod Arenas - GM Commercial | email@example.com
Charles Li - Market Development | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (03) 9731 3422
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This event is tailored towards companies in the food and agribusiness industry.
2. Food Innovation Australia Limited reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and one-to-one meeting schedule at any given time.
3. You may be invited by e-mail or telephone, to take part in surveys and case-studies. These surveys and case-studies may contain information about this event or other Food Innovation Australia Limited activities you have participated in. We reserve the right to exclude participants who provide false or misleading answers. We reserve the copyright for all survey content.
4. Food Innovation Australia Limited reserves the right to cancel or change the date of event without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions